I realised as I looked back over my learning goals for this project, that one of the items I had listed was learning how to upload photos on to the blog and, as I do not think that my profile picture necessarily counts, I thought I would include a short post with some images to get me started.
I decided to combine this with another aspect of blogger that has been puzzling me - how to put in links in a Blogger comment. I did a google search and found the blog The Bexter Review which had an entry on how to do this. I followed the instructions and typed:
where
I wanted to put in my link. I then clicked publish and my post and link
all worked perfectly, so I have a big thank you to say to Rebecca
Woodhead whose blog showed me how!
I decided to combine this with another aspect of blogger that has been puzzling me - how to put in links in a Blogger comment. I did a google search and found the blog The Bexter Review which had an entry on how to do this. I followed the instructions and typed:
<a href="http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/9083e598-90ee-11e2-a456-00144feabdc0.html#
axzz2Ob2RnLqD">How social media improved writing</a>
![]() |
| My comment with my link in grey - it is a little hard to see. |
When trying to upload the screen shot on the left where you can see my post (and the link included) I initially had some difficulty - firstly I had to find out how to do a screenshot as I had never taken one before (I found this site very helpful: MacRumors:Guides) and secondly the format that the image was taken in, .tif, was not able to be read properly by Blogger. It kept inverting the text until I went into Preview and re-saved the image as a .jpeg file. Hopefully, now that I know how to do this, I can make more use of it in my following posts.
Two of my other specific blog learning goals, which relate to connecting the blog with the wider web, I addressed in part a couple of days ago. When I was browsing through some other blogs, I saw the blog list and link list features and thought I would try and work out how to add them to my blog. After going through the layout options, I have now added to the side of my page one list of my buddy group and another list of websites of interest. I will try to add more to them as I come across different sites in the next couple of weeks.

Hi Elizabeth
ReplyDeleteIt is good to read that you are discovering new blogging functions. I know when I worked out how to embed a Tweet into my blog and used the HTML mode to do so I was so excited.
I was interested to see that you added a ‘My Blog List’ and ‘Links’. I had not thought of putting this in a blog until I read your post so thank you for giving me a new idea for my blog and something to add to my revised learning goals list.
I look forward to seeing your newly acquired blogging skills in further posts.
Hi Katherine,
DeleteI realised that I had been concentrating on learning about all the other different Web 2.0 tools, that I had stopped playing around with different elements of blogger at the same - so thought I should give it a bit of dedicated space (I also realised that blogs tend to have lots of images and thought I should start adding them into my posts to break up the prose). It is exciting starting to understand bits of HTML - I have started looking at the HTML versions of my blog posts after I write them up to start thinking about what the different commands might mean - I am very impressed that you used this mode to embed a Tweet in your blog! I will be interested to see what links you put up when you create a similar Link section on your blog.